Meet the Therapist
Dr Blackburn has over 27 years experience in helping people in distress. She has extensive experience as a Clinical Psychologist, Psychotherapist, Supervisor, Trainer & Carer.
Continued professional development (CPD)
CPD is a requirement for Psychologists and Psychotherapists, to help them maintain their professional skills as Chartered, Registered and Accredited practitioners.
Dr Blackburn completes many hours of ongoing professional development each year. This is to help her to provide clients with a quality, effective and up to date treatment service.
She has completed the following substantial courses or awards, involving coursework & relevant experience –
- BA honours in Psychology
- British Psychological Society – Associate Fellow
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Post Graduate Diploma in post 16 Adult Education, with distinction
- Certificate in Health & Social Care Management
- Bond Solon & Cardiff University Expert Witness certificate in Civil Law
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Therapy
- Certificate in Third Wave CBT
- EMDR - Level I, intermediate and II Trained Therapist
- Supervision Certificates & Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors (RAPP’s)
- Certificate in Research Methods